Friday, September 26, 2008

Rock On ~ Continues….

The end credit of the movie leaves a message “Do not download the music, Buy it!!”, and that’s what I did last evening. A long time… when I bought a CD, and head banged alone after all slept off. 

The music is superb!!! I never related it when I used to listen it on promos and radio, but its simply rocking. The title track “Rock On”, is not my favorite though. I loved the “Pichele Saat Dino” number more retained as “Mere Laundry ka Bill” and ofcourse the turning point “Tum Ho tho” number!!

As I write this I have “Humari Tumhari Baatein” which is a sweet song. The album must be special for Shankar Ehsan & Loy, especially for Ehsan & Loy, who look more rock star than music composers. Shankar, one of my fav, is a class apart with his variation on music. A person, who sings sargam with similar ease, to fusion with Shakti and now a rock album, with credits of cutting it so fine on the voice of Farhan.

Farhan, & Javed Sahib, suprises me completely, with such enthusiasm to sing and the lyrics are so good. Imagine them coming from Javed Sahad is amazing. Over all a great album to have in a long time!!! Rock On!

No comments: